Tuesday 16 December 2014

I Did It !!

I did it !  I ran the 15km race yesterday morning - in 2:10.  I think I would have finished closer to 2hrs if my right foot had played along - but it didn't - it mis-behaved - so I am going back to the podiatrist on Wednesday after work to see if he can sort it out.

I was up at 4am and ready to leave by 4.30.  A said he would come with me despite me telling him to rather wait at home instead of hanging around for too many hours waiting for me to finish.  But, being my biggest supporter, he was not about to stay at home.  So he came with.  And followed me along the route there and back - not in a creepy way - just driving ahead and waiting on the side of the road to check I was OK and encourage me along.  At one point he had a bottle of water for me which was great because although the water tables were supposed to be every 2.5km - they weren't actually that well spaced.  The next time I saw him I gave him the bottle back because it was awkward running while holding a bottle and it had got me through a dry patch so that was great. 

I caught up with Kate and Rachel from Operation Move.  Zoey had left by the time I got to the start - she ran the 50km in an amazing 5:50.  Kate ran the 15km in 1:29 and Rachel finished about 2mins ahead of me.  It was lovely to meet these amazing ladies in person.

I figure that if I can run 15km, I can run a half marathon so, I am now looking at entering some more races - an 11km race in January from Riverstage called the Resolution Run, the Convicts and Wenches half marathon at the end of January and then a half marathon at the Twilight Festival around UQ in March - but this all depends on what my coach says she thinks is reasonable for me to achieve.  I was telling a friend about the races I want to enter and she has said she would like to run with me so that is great - the parts of the race that I ran with Rachel on Sunday were really good.

Some other great news is I booked our tickets to go and visit K next year.  When we facetimed her to tell her, I thought her face was going to split in half her smile was so big !!! Then the tears came in her eyes and I asked if she was sad about us coming over - she laughed and said "No Mom, they are tears of joy." (I think she is pleased she is going to see us and not have to wait until she gets home again !!!)

I don't think I will be posting again before the new year. I am so looking forward to the break over Christmas - a break from the day to day grind of going to work - a chance to sleep in - run when I want - potter around the house - work in the garden - spend time with A and my folks.  Dad has been diagnosed with cancer for the third time - so far he has managed to fight it successfully twice.  Tomorrow he is going for another PET scan and then has an appointment with the surgeon so hopefully we will have some more answers by the end of the day.

For those with great plans for Christmas - I hope that they come off for you and that you have a wonderful time.  For anyone like us, with no children at home, and no plans for Christmas - enjoy your day whatever you may land up doing - I know that we are looking forward to a really quiet day at home.

And, because it is Tuesday, it's time to join in with Jess from Essentially Jess for #IBOT.

What are your plans for Christmas ?
Do you like having big plans ?
Would you rather have a quiet day at home ?
 
 TFTD : Accept this moment, without judgement or needless worry.  Remind yourself that all is well, and that you can handle whatever comes along.
 

22 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing Linda! Well done. I can't quite believe Zoey running 50km in under 6 minutes. She must be a superwoman. It will be very exciting going to see your daughter. I bet they were tears of joy. She's probably feeling homesick but can't tell you that. I'm sorry to hear about your Dad and hopes everything works out the best possible way for him. Have a lovely Christmas Linda, enjoy your break and your pottering x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly right - Zoey definitely is a superwoman !!!!!
      Thanks for all your good wishes - I hope you have an amazing Christmas too.
      xox

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!!! I am so proud of you right now!!!!

    I like a slow, lazy Christmas. I make lots of salads and desserts the days before and we roast meats, before the day and on the day. Easy cooking were people can just help themselves when they are hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. That sounds like just the sort of Christmas that we will be having.
      Have the best day !
      xox

      Delete
  3. Well done that is amazing! Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Malinda. I hope you have a great Christmas !
      xox

      Delete
  4. Well done! That's amazing! You make me want to get up and run too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 15km is a huge run! Well for me anyway. Well done! I hope you have a fabulous Christmas and enjoy your break. I'm sorry to hear about your dad too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, what an achievement! Have a relaxing Christmas break.

    All the best to your dad. He's beaten it before, he can do it again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations you, have a safe and happy Christmas, that was the best news that you are booked to see K xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo! Massive congratulations! What a feeling. That's so awesome you are already planning your next races. I can imagine it's quite addictive. That's great news you are visiting K. Happy news all around. Have a wonderful Christmas break and see you in the new year #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so proud of you, what an awesome acheivement! 21 is just a hop skip and jump away from 15km, you will love it!! Enjoy the break x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear that sad news about your dad, thinking of you and him - with everything crossed! YAY for a trip overseas, so nice to have something to look forward to. But most importantly I am so very very proud of you and your big run - what a legend L!!!! Have a fantastic break away and I do hope we can coffee one day soon, we are so close really - Em xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on finishing the 15km! I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, I hope that you get some good news from the appointment.
    We've got my parents coming for Christmas this year, but it's looking to be a stinking hot day so I don't think we'll be doing a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow you did so well, congratulations :-) Proud of you x
    Sad news about your Dad, thinking of you all.
    Enjoy the festive season and enjoy the break.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done on the run. Bugger about your Dad, I hope he wins the battle again. MERRY CHRISTMAS my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on your run!
    A huge load of positive energy being sent your way and your dad's way too!
    Have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the break, I'm looking forward to sleeping in too and taking a well earned rest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your run, that's brilliant!

    I hope the prognosis for your dad is good. Thinking of you.

    Hope you had a great Christmas and that 2015 is a great year for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. How fantastic! What a great achievement, Linda. (Almost as great an achievement as raising a daughter who feels such joy at seeing her mum - that made me tear up a bit myself!) I bet you run that half marathon this year. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good for you! That's fantastic...and will we be updated on the half marathon prep soon?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Linda, that is fantastic! What an awesome achievement! I used to be a long distance runner in school, but the last time I ran anything close to that kind of distance was back in 2005. I wish you lived closer so you could come over and force me to go for a run with you (I would collapse of course after about 400m, so you would have to be very, very patient :) And how WONDERFUL that you are going to visit K!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Linda!
    This comment comes a bit late but I have been totally out of the blogging loop for a while. I hope you're keeping well and that's great news re your trip to go see your daughter!

    ReplyDelete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...