Friday 31 October 2014

Things I Know

It's Friday, my favourite day of the working week and time to link in with Ann from Help I'm Stuck with the easiest linky of all because we all know 'stuff' !!!

Yesterday I finally lodged the building application - and within a couple of hours had two phone calls about things that we had answered in the wrong places !!!!  When the lady told me she was from GCCC I just started to laugh and there was just silence from the other side of the phone - I explained to her that I had called my husband once I had lodged the paperwork (all done online) and said that I was sure I was going to get more than a few calls about the application.  She just laughed and said that it was fine and she would help me through what she could.  About 5 mins later she called back to tell me about something else that I needed to change, so went back, changed that, PDF'd the files and then sent them through to her again.  I haven't heard back from her since then so I'm going with the fact that they are processing the application and they haven't just thrown it away !!!

It was my Mom's birthday yesterday and we had arranged to take my folks out for dinner but my Mom got ill earlier on in the week with chest pains and the shakes.  Apparently her kidneys are not behaving and giving her some trouble.  So we decided to take dinner around to their house to save her having to go out.  I am worried about her - especially because she tends to say "I'm fine" when she isn't.  I suppose at least my Dad is there to keep an eye on her.  The sooner we get them close to us the better.

Tomorrow night will see A and I at a hotel (not sure of it's name or exactly where it is but it's somewhere on the coast).  K won it as one of her prizes when she kicked 4/4 at the pre-game entertainment when the Suns played Collingwood earlier this year.  Unfortunately she wasn't able to use it before she left so A and I will be using it tomorrow night - it's one nights accommodation and buffet breakfast the next morning !!!

We will be skyping K tonight.  We didn't get to talk on Monday night (our normally weekly skype session) as she was having the best time in Washington DC.  She certainly has been out and about since she got over there.  Nine weeks into her stay she had been to eight states !!!!

I'm off to the knee guy after work today and then have a 5km run planned this evening.  Last run I didn't do any hills and managed so much better so I've made the decision to concede the hills ....... for now.  They will not beat me totally but I will just give them a miss until I am fitter and more able to tackle them.

Have the best weekend that you can !!

What do you know this week ?
Have you linked in ?
If you have, I'll be around to see
what you know this week.

TFTD : Go as far as you can see and you will see further.

12 comments:

  1. Hope your Mum is okay Linda. Have a good time with A at the hotel.Especially the buffet breckie! Love a buffet breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pinky. My Mom is still battling along but the dr seems to think that she is going in the right direction so that is a good thing !
      Have a wonderful weekend.

      Delete
  2. Wow you are a busy bee!!
    I hope you have a fab weekend!!
    I hope your Mum is better now, I know how much you want them close to you.
    So glad to hear K is having a blast!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ann - Mom is doing heaps better.
      K just had their first snow fall - the garden looks so pretty !!!!
      Have a great weekend !

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your mum. I hope it's nothing. It's hard as they age. :(
    Yay to the night away - was it fabulous??? I love that feeling of luxury, staying in a hotel in your own city...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lydia. Yes, the night away was great. The breakfast was good too - we didn't even land up having lunch after it !!!!
      I hope you are feeling better - take care and have the best weekend that you can !

      Delete
  4. Hope you enjoy your little time away with and enjoyed that breakkie…the best meal of the day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen - for sure nothing beats a buffet breakfast - except maybe a dessert buffet !!! LOL
      Have a great weekend !

      Delete
  5. I hope your mum is ok. Enjoy your night out on the coast! Sounds delightful :)
    I'd be missing the hills too. At least you are running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alicia - maybe once I'm stronger I will tackle the hills although my osteo has instructed me NOT to run down hills under any circumstances - which means running up the hill and then only walking down the hill :(
      Have the best weekend !

      Delete
  6. love your positivity - glad to have found your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily - I'll be following your journey now.
      Have a great weekend !

      Delete

I love getting comments - please feel free to leave a comment to let me know you were here !
Have the best day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...